Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi kreovuk,

Welcome to Pro! Congratulations on your first post!

However, the other 70% is still allocated to the prior purchases. In reading PRO, your recommendations are more of a portfolio recommendation rather than stock picks. Therefore, I am a little torn about how to proceed with the rest of the portfolio as I do not want to sell of the other 70% immediately. Is there any recommendation on how to best proceed?

In addition to Andy's excellent advice, Pro has a page on starting out when you are "invested elsewhere", http://newsletters.fool.com/1228/guide/getting-started/make-....

I am reluctant to just sell off the 70% remaining stocks, let alone the tax implications.

At your pace. It does not all have to be this tax year.

I think of my accounts as if there were artificial partitions for Pro, Options, other Fool services, etc. Pro is my largest partition and it is doing best so I am slowly increasing its size.

phooL on!

Lon.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.