Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi krishnarama: You said We just had the correction based on purely one and only one reason.That is valutions of these companies. Now it has been barley four months since the meltdown started. We have seen all these companies released great numbers.Some of these companys even generated over 100% revenue growth compare to previous years. But I do not see all of these companies generated so much cash to command the premiums which are even higher than the ones they commanded before the crash. Some of those companies still have P/E of over 1000. After the whole crash it just does not make sense.

Taking your first two sentences, I suggest a slight addition to the second That is valutions of these companies. The addtion I propose is That is the major brokerages expressed concerns concerning the valuations of these companies. Note: The fundamental evaluations of most of the companies you list did not change appreciably throughout the "market crash & follow-on partial recovery".

There are many good articles that argue that P/E is meaningless to the investor. P/E is not one of the criteria for a Gorilla Gamer.

Please read the Gorilla Game book. In it, Mr. Moore lays out a pretty good series of arguments that most of these companies, even with 100+ P/Es, are actually value investing plays.

Then we can begin to address your stated concern on when to buy Gorillas.

Hope this helps

Harold
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.