Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Hi LotB,

Yeah, I'm still here. :-)

Closing timing was lucky, indeed. The last few months have been brutal. I haven't checked this port as if it still existed, but looking at my own portfolio and Stock Advisor's list of recs and the Phoenix 1 port in Supernova, things are down quite a bit, especially for some.

I learned a couple of hard lessons with the MUE port. One was to have a catalyst for getting a higher price, not just low expectations. Second was I should probably avoid physical commodities (FCX -- ugh). And avoid those that can be commoditized (MBLY and other chip makers being a prime example).

Of course, finding a winner and keeping it (and buying more at a "high" like NFLX) can clean up a lot of mistakes! :-) That is still, by far, my own largest holding.

Thanks for your note.

Cheers,
Jim
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.