Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Hi Mekong,

Thanks for the update on the quarterly call.

Let's assume for a moment that there is no go-private offer, is it correct to say that EPS & EPS growth are two of the metrics used to trigger the extra shares to MS, which in turn dilutes existing shareholders in 2013/2014 ?

So then is it correct that YONG management has 3 to 4 tools to squeeze shareholders to take 6.60.
(1) sandbag the expenses, dragging down EPS & EPS growth to triger a (i)lower P/E multiple on (ii)lower earnings ( double jeporady already it seems)
(2) Ensure future triggering of the MS payout & dilute the shares and so reduce the Net Present Value of existing shares further ?
(3) Continue to accumulate unrecognized earnings to further reduce reported earnings (in effect maximising the payment cycle)

This accounting manipulation cannot pushout the reported profitability of YONG forever but in the next 6 months it looks to me like our tools are very limited and theirs are very strong or have I missed something ?

I don't see how the 'real' earnings power of the comapny would force it's way through the accounting manouevers until Q3/Q4 of 2013 at the earliest, which will be way past a takeover date.

Your thoughs on this appreciated.
James
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.