Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Mike,

I've been trying to catch you in near real time but we seem to never be at the same place at the same time. First a comment on KSWS. They make a servicable tennis shoe for casual players and this might well be a substantial market. You won't see many competitive players using them because they lack the ankle support necessary for intense matches. I believe Adidas, Reebok, Nike, Wilson and others have superior models. My personal favorite is always a New Balance shoe because I think they have the best overall sport shoe design. On the other hand, KSWS is making inroads in the teen crowd that depends on style and flash. Some of their newer styles certainly fit this catagory.

More importantly, I wanted to pick your brain on another subject. My son who is 13 and entering 8th grade seems to be picking up on my passion for investing and learning about valuation and individual companies in general. I've currently set him about finding 5 companies that he thinks are relevent to his activities. His first pick was Selmer, the company that makes his saxaphone. I found that they were owned by Steinway and we are learning about that company. My goal is to be able to compare the five companies he selects in some manner that he can understand and invest some real money from his college fund in what he feels offers the best returns. Can you give me some insight into reading material or methods to inspire him. I think some of the math will turn him off although he is competent. What were your inspirations?

Best Regards,
Stan
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.