No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Mike!

You've definitely got a problem here, and as I see it, the problem seems to be more with communication than anything else.

Perhaps you could get your wife interested in reading this board and perhaps getting involved in posting. As of now, debt isn't her main concern, and that's unfortunate.

I think the ideal situation is if you both could agree to allow you to be the one who handles the bills. That way, you'd be able to pay off the accounts as you deem necessary and she won't have to be concerned with it.

Another suggestion might be to show your wife a projection of how much money you could have to invest or use in other ways if you weren't being bogged down by the credit debt. I think you've got to find a way to get her motivated to want to become Foolish, so to speak, and that may be one way to do it--by having goals to strive for.

Good luck with this, and let us know how it works out.

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.