Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 17
Hi Muji, congrats on your YTD performance, very impressive!

Owning these vital services is MINIMIZING my risk

I would say that I don't think anyone really measures 'risk' as intra-month or even 3-month performance, downturn or not. Risk is generally defined as 'risk of permanent loss of capital,' by Buffett and other world-class investors and that's widely accepted in the investing world. I think Saul would be the first to say a monthly 20% rise or gain is just noise in the long-run for good companies.

And 'everything' didn't fall, some big blue-chips are up: Costco, Gilead, Clorox, Regeneron, Kroger, Amazon is up almost 10% this year, etc.

But SaaS is holding up nicely for the most part!

ROKU - Is an unknown. Ad budgets will shrivel, ... But it could be a topsy turvy few months.

TTD - Ad demand is sure to drop as budgets tighten

Watch out!
You're going to be called a shortseller, 'fearmongerer,' 'trying to sow fear and doubt,' just like I was last week for saying those obvious facts, even though I was long both ROKU and TTD.

Some obnoxious posters may even email you obnoxious private messages in an effort to keep their bad behavior hidden. Maybe Saul and his board mgmt will add 'no personal attacks via email' to their list of board rules, just a thought.

best,

Naj

long CRWD, TTD, AYX, DDOG, ADBE, MSFT, etc
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.