No. of Recommendations: 4
Hi Ned,

As I understand, we cannot use TMF boards to discuss sister companies, for regulatory reasons. It has nothing to do with what TMF would like or not like, but rather the legal aspect of the relationship. I don't know the nitty gritty details, but I do know that posts about it get quickly deleted, which is all I really need to know.

But since we're not invested in that fund, who really cares. :-)

All Pro members should have been given a trial sub to Tom G's Long Short portfolio... which is doing better than I would have thought, although it's early days still. The boards are certainly not the same, but the port itself has done OK over the very short intro period. Lagged a month, outperformed a month. Time will tell.

I can't say I've made use of the service at all, other than as a screen for put-writing. A lot of the stocks are also in SA and RB so if you have access to those, you can get multiple opinions. I have mostly kept my Pro port intact, with some minor tweaks, and at least for the time being, plan to move forward with it. I considered dumping the whole lot due to the service closing, but ultimately decided not to go that route. At least not yet.

I've written puts on SHOP and TWLO recently, which have done well enough, though of course I could have done a lot better by buying shares directly. Some things never change.

Rob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.