No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi Neil,

Great to see a post from you again! And of course, so totally know what you mean about being busy off boards. Sigh. But inspired to see new posts from both you and Matt.

Meanwhile, a couple questions.

You wrote:

<It’s worth highlighting that TubeMogul automatically evaluates up to 500,000 ad slots each second>

Wow! They evaluate 500,000 ad slots per second. Any understanding of how that is done? Obviously, must be some kind of software program. (I don't imagine a group of millennial math wiz genius ad analysts sitting around viewing slots and doing advanced computations and considerations in fractional nanoseconds. But if a computer program, what exactly would it look for (eye on site, hits from ads on site, demographics?).

You mention that Google requires all advertisers to go through their channel to advertise on Youtube. Would those customers who do so then naturally use google channel to locate ad space outside of YouTube or is their any likelihood that TUBE might share some of same customers who do advertise on YouTube in other areas of the web?

Who are some of TUBE's biggest clients currently?

You mentioned in answer to Ears question that you discovered TUBE as a TMF rec. But I don't recall you're ever revealing where the original tickers offered for group to analyze in the "early" days of club. Each week (to start!) (crazy, in retrospect) "the computer" would toss out another random company for analysis, very interesting assortment (ATRO, LAD, DY, DPLO, and more), the source of pull, you promised (I think) to reveal at a later date. Would that time be now?

okapimoon
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.