Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Paul, and others,

Forgive my posting out of the blue, but I just wanted to ask a quick question in response to your great post.

When you say that regulation is a problem in the "last mile" arena, I was wondering if you could be more specific? My understanding of the situation is that regulation has recently been trying to aid competition by requiring the baby bells to open their networks to competitors. Without that, would-be competitors would need to spend billions to build additional networks to every home.

Don't get me wrong, there are essential monopolies in the local space, but I don't think -- unless I'm wrong -- that that's the result of regulation. If anything, the regulation may not be strong enough -- in Pennsylvania, for example, they almost made Verizon split itself in half in order to force it to truly open its networks.

Anyway, just wondering what your take is on that. Thanks,

Chris Rugaber
Specials Producer

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.