Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Pixy,

>>The UG strategy can be quite unnerving for those not used to a do-it-yourself approach to investing. You can maintain separate Roth accounts and try to manage them as one, but after a few years rebalancing becomes a problem. Thus, confining a particular strategy
within one account is far simpler.If and when the Senate corrections are enacted, maintenance of separate
accounts for Roth conversions and contributions will be a moot issue. That, too, should help make things easier for you - and for everyone else in a similar situation for that matter.<<

Thanks for the clarification. DO you suggest that the UG strategy is unerving because of having to do a bit more complicated screening process or because of the more volitile nature of the stocks that come from the screen or both? I am reluctant to put all of my eggs in a 4-5 stock UV approach. I feel that while UG is a highe rrisk strategy than the Dow approach combining it with UV4+ minimizes the risks to some degree due to diversification. As I said I am new to this and not certain of my conclusions.

I guess I'll wait and study a bit in hopes of new legislation that clears this up. I intend to take advantage of this years conversion benefits so hope to be able to start the process in time, say November at the latest. Thanks again.

markf2
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.