No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Rebecca, I'm sure everyone on the board is glad you've reached this stage. I sure am. But, now the lenders are going to get after you and they will make your life miserable for weeks. Like, you have deadlines for this and that that require pieces of paper. You phone them up, asking about the piece of paper. All you get is voice mail. You leave a message, no response for 3 days. You send in your husband's employment certification (or yours, these people are equal opportunity idiots), and they see that some of it is written in blue ink and some in black ink. Oh wow, not valid.

If I may be so bold, what I suggest is that you be sort of aggressive. Like phoning up twice or three times a day to see how things are going, asking what else needs to be done, asking for the names on the approval committee, that sort of thing.

Another thing you might think of, is asking the sellers to dinner. I do this routinely with prospective tenants, because I want to find out what they are like and the cost of a dinner is well worth having no trouble in the future. Clearly it is different with a sale transaction, but if that transaction can be made friendly, some legal bills might be avoided.
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.