Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi remark48, welcome to the Motley Fool.

If your goal is primarily retirement savings, it sounds like a long term strategy is what you want, and most of the people you'll encounter here in this community are long term investors. You can learn a tremendous amount here about how to beat the market, so I think you've come to the right place.

I don't know if you subscribe to any of the Motley Fool newsletters like Hidden Gems or Inside Value, but if not you should check them out on a free trial basis. Note that there are specific boards for each of the stocks, and many other categories as well; I don't know what led you to make your first post on this particular board, but it is for the stock CNXS, the company CNS Inc. which markets the Breath-Rite strips. Questions about BWLD stock would be better asked on the Buffalo Wild Wings board at http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=116501 but I do know that BWLD is a great company and if you intend to hold for the long term you certainly won't be disappointed with your entry price.

As for stop orders, I don't recommend them for small cap stocks like BWLD or CNXS, because these stocks are somewhat volatile in the short term, and you can find yourself stopped out at a loss for no good reason just due to market volatility. Stops may be of more use to short term traders, and if you are looking for advice on that strategy there are some boards here dedicated to that where you may find help, but as I said most of the Fools around here are of the opinion that long term investors have an edge and short term traders just make their brokers money.

Good luck, and welcome aboard.

--Bill
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.