Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi RetireFoolishly
I just saw your post as there were some new posts to the board. Sand105 seems to be working on version 2 of the spreadsheet. If you thought my spreadsheet was nice wait to you see what Sand produces, I'm sure it will be way better.
[No pressure there Sand ;-)]

As to your list of companies. Financial service companies have very high book values which throws a spanner in the works. I am not sure how Hewitt or others deal with this, but what I do is increase the Discount rate to discount the high book value and if it is an insurance company then I greatly discount the book value as well. I do this all manually and it reeks of tampering to get a valuation I'm happy with. If anyone else has other ideas please chip in.

Best
Dean

PS I just had a look at TTMI's chart http://stockcharts.com/charts/gallery.html?ttmi and that is just further evidence I still need to get better at watchlisting. I was interested in buying TTMI earlier this year and can't believe it went under $9 and could have easily been bought under $10.

PPS KOMG Komag is currently has the highest ER on my wathclist. It might not have a great future, but might be worth a look considering its low valuations. I have no position, just watching for now.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.