Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure if there is any one person who is responsible for communications. I guess TMFBogey is one of them (note the unintentional call-sign similarity between names). I think that in general for smaller initiatives and site enhancements, there is not much of a pre-release announcement either on the boards or the site nor do I think there needs to be. However, I think that there is a desire to let our users know ahead of time when major releases are forthcoming. Also, when something is released we do look for feedback and usually get it in buckets. I can't remember the exact situation, but after the last release of boards, we got strong negative feedback on one of the features and rolled it back a short while afterwards.

Also, I have seen many things that come across the Improve the Fool board that I know are either in development or actually do get raised at meetings. It's difficult to jump on and say "oh yeah, that's in the works" b/c many times it's a 6 month or longer timeframe to integrate. Of course, I realize that we're not talking about light speed here, but I think that the "wish list" might be tantamount to an addition to the long-term priority list. I'm not sure that there is an organized effort, but there should be one. As with today, if I see something I can answer for you, I'll do my best to do so.

How big is the city? Are you referring to employee size of TMF or something else?

As far as what are we doing to keep anyone informed? The answer is I don't know b/c I am not sure when or about what you would like to be informed. Basically, my sense is (and I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing) is that chances are we will not come out and say, "we're currently working on a whole new area that does x, do you all think we should do it?" I'm sure we'd have some members who loved the idea, some who didn't care, and some who hated it. We hired our CEO to be the captain of the ship to make sure don't drift too far off course, and so far, he certainly hasn't disappointed me.

Again, I know a lot of TMFs who read these boards. Some like you. Some don't. Some (like me) truly enjoy the extremely sarcastic banter. But everyone hears it. Do you all (besides disclosure) know what you'd like to be informed about? I could at least find out whether that is a reasonable request. I don't think we'll be posting our business plan or other like information, but hell, I'm not sure what's feasible, but I think I can find out.

Thanks.

Kinsey
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.