Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi rwz1,

Okay... no problem. I hope you're well!

To catch-up: We have long since sold our SH shares, and closed (bought to cover, or bought to close) our SPY short. If you want to mirror us there, you will close both these positions.

That said, we closed those earlier this year (the first alert to do so went out in January; I think our first alert of the year; we finally covered via covered puts this summer). The market is up a lot since January. Thpse are hedges you have that may be more useful these days. Still, if you have a long-term outlook, I would close them to match us.

DGS we still own and we are adding about 1% to it by writing Dec. $46 puts. Please see our Sept. 11 trade alert under the Alerts tab.

This all begs a question, though: How well are you matching us elsewhere? Do you have cash, as we do? Do you own most of our "buy" stocks?

Just asking for context. I hope so, given the hedges you've had...

Best wishes, and welcome back!

Jeff
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.