Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi SandeepReddy,

With 35, I would be more inclined to invest new cash into existing positions rather than new ones.

I would pick those that have the strongest growth.

While I do look at the diversification of our portfolio, I do not manage the portfolio based on diversification. Kind of like "look but don't touch."

If I had a portfolio of ETF's or mutual funds, yes I would re-balance and look at asset classes and such.

With a stock portfolio, I invest in the business, not the ticker.

Does that help you?

Gene
All holdings and some statistics on my Fool profile page
http://my.fool.com/profile/gdett2/info.aspx
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi SandeepReddy,

With 35, I would be more inclined to invest new cash into existing positions rather than new ones.

I would pick those that have the strongest growth.

While I do look at the diversification of our portfolio, I do not manage the portfolio based on diversification. Kind of like "look but don't touch."

If I had a portfolio of ETF's or mutual funds, yes I would re-balance and look at asset classes and such.

With a stock portfolio, I invest in the business, not the ticker.

Does that help you?

Gene
All holdings and some statistics on my Fool profile page
http://my.fool.com/profile/gdett2/info.aspx
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you, for taking the time to help !
No. of Recommendations: 0
"This is what my current portfolio looks like:
1.Large-Caps: 15 Companies – 31% of Portfolio (Max allocation for a single company 3.63%)
2.Mid-Caps: 10 Companies – 39% of Portfolio (Max allocation for a single company 12.76%)
3.Small-Caps: 3 Companies – 12% of Portfolio (Max allocation for a single company 9%)
4.International: 7 Companies – 18 % of Portfolio (Max allocation for a single company 6.95%)"

Just a mention - diversification is more than the market sense of a company. Also,
you should consider the industrial classification and the relationships between
industries. The idea is to reduce risk so that you do not have companies that all
"tank" at the same time - e.g. cyclical companies that are not dependent upon the
same drivers for earnings. Having an all "utility" investment in large, mid, small
and international stocks would not provide diversification resistant to a market
decline in demand for utilities.

Just a thought.

Howie52