Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
hi, there:
i am a no-brainer, just a dumb question:
i am a graduate student worked as research assistant in a lab, which is the common situation for grad students.
i am also a non-resident alien, my salary is only 14000, so i decide to invest in stock to increase my poor income. will i be taxed in capital gain, interest or dividend, etc.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.