Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi there jimth123:

I will also encourage you to take the plunge. I personally use Scottrade, and I have had excellent service and response for the last 18 months. I read a number of Scottrade response time problems on the Discount Brokers Message Board back when I first started, but I never experienced any problems (that I didn't generate myself). They have an office about 20 minutes drive from my home, I have actually been there about twice. I am into my account nearly every week for one reason or another. I've had about three experiences with their customer service department when I couldn't get something to work, and they always knew exactly what I had done wrong. I keep a sizable sum with them, so I don't get any fees other than their advertised $7 trade fee. They get a high rating from this Fool. Dont know Firsttrade, but you can probably find out about them on the Fools Discount Broker Message Board.

Fool on jimth123fool

The Nerdifool

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.