Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
hi tjrc,

Instead of being individual shares, units are groups of securities traded together. One unit I know of included a share of common stock, one Class A warrant, and one Class B warrant.

Ways to break up units are usually specified at the time of issuance. You would need to call the company or find a proxy statement to get the details. (Sometimes you can find the terms of units in the footnotes of annual reports or 10-K filings.)

Fool on,

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.