Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Tom,

A little confidence building is always good for the psychy when times are tough. Again today I suffered...even further in the hole. I am even diversified over 12 stocks with many reccs from different TMF newsletters and even Lou Navellier. Somewhat depressing now, but in the long term I should be fine. My how difficult it is to convince myself of that at the moment. But it will come, in due time.

As for the "Intelligent Investor", I too have a copy and started to read it a couple of months ago. I found the first chapter a bit boring as everyone else did. It may be part of the reason that I haven't continued. I would like to think that my procrastination has been driven by my demanding schedule. Still no excuse to not read at min 10pgs per night before bed.

I intend to continue, and finish, the book. After all that I have read on these boards about its value, I have to finish it. Thanks again for the optimism, it helps heal the "Intelligent, but depressed, Investor".

BTW, going by your board name "illini1990", I assume you graduated from Univ of Illinois in the year 1990? I am BigTen brethren to you as I graduated from PSU in 1994. Thought I would pass that along.

--Flynn
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.