No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi usboy.

I don't mean to start a new 50 message thread on the subject, but is everyone unemotionally pressing on with the various screens? Will the basic concept behind them carry through with only hiccups? Or will the Y2K problem cause some bigtime trauma in the last quarter and first quarter?

IMHO, the fear of Y2K is going to cause more disruptions than any actual computer-related problems.

I plan to sit back, relax, and look for some buying opportunites late in the year.

Sure, there will probably be some short-term problems that are computer-related. Prepare for them the same you would if you were going to sit out a hurricane. That is, fill the car with gas and lay in enough non-perishable food and water to last a couple of weeks.

If you look closely, you will see that most of the people who are making all the noise are selling something. If not a book on the looming disaster, then survival supplies or such.

My $.02.
EdSouth
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.