Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Vee,

Yeah, it ended up being 6 (?) weeks off running and I got the okay to go back with a light workload this past week. "No more than 5km." Well, I started my run after a good warm-up and the first 1km was hell. Not on my legs, but on my abs. He had me doing stabilization work and it all came into play. That said, it was exhausting (abdominally - legs and lungs fine). I ran 3km. Did another 3km Tuesday and another 3km yesterday. Sunday I'll try to up it to 4-5km and just see what my body thinks of it all.

My goal is to take 4-5 weeks to get slowly back up to 20-25km a week. Still doing physio (saw him Thursday, now won't seem him for 2 wks). He had me tweak my gait a little too which is forcing muscle growth on the outside of my leg (rotating my feet to parallel from being pointed slightly outward). Lots of changes for the better.

Muscles feel good and no cramping, so that's nice. Just got to be aware and take care of yourself.

Simon
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.