No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi xtn,

That basically boils down to this: Either position yourself further from those you are trying to convince, or accept that your usage of the word borrow - and the implications you were making with it - were poor. Which will it be?

Without a link or specific quote reference, I don't even remember exactly the verbiage I wrote... at this moment the thread's 90 deep, and if that's too much for you to bother to find what you are referencing, I definitely don't care more than you apparently do.

I do know a specific message I have presented repeatedly, which some people have a hard time grasping;
ALL purchase money is financed (i.e. taken away from some other accoutn/usage, at a cost.) You either pay interest, or lose gains, inescapably.

I'm not trying to "convince" anyone. SOME folks are here to learn. Some have no interest in learning at all. I'm for and among the former.

Cheers,
Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.