Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

You can use the internet or your library to find a price for the stock in the ORIGINAL company, near the dates that you acquired your stock. That would give you a start. If the follow on acquisitions were total acquisitions then that would be your basis.

If the acquisitons were fractional you would have locate your notification letter or contact the acquiring companies for information about the fractions to apply to your stock.

Good Luck.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.