Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thought you might be interested in a Cramer thread on BRK.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=16789471

then this one

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=16790469

Print the post Back To Top

I've not really followed Kramer but I thought he was a trader, I mean was the req to hold for two years?

Anyways the disclaimer at the bottom ESP the bolded bit says it all.

James J. Cramer is manager of a hedge fund and co-founder of TheStreet.com. At time of publication, his fund was long 724 Solutions, Ariba, Exodus, Digital Island, InfoSpace, Inktomi, Mercury Interactive, Sonera, VeriSign, Veritas Software, Oracle, TheStreet.com, Vignette, Motorola, Cisco, Intel, Nokia, Goldman Sachs, and Yahoo!, and Cramer was long TheStreet.com. His fund often buys and sells securities that are the subject of his columns, both before and after the columns are published, and the positions that his fund takes may change at any time. Under no circumstances does the information in this column represent a recommendation to buy or sell stocks. Cramer's writings provide insights into the dynamics of money management and are not a solicitation for transactions. While he cannot provide investment advice or recommendations, he invites you to comment on his column at

Worth considering is the fact that the average return on those stocks in just one month was + 37.2%

Only VRSN had no upside.
SUNX..+28%...3/2000
ARBA..+51%...3/2000
ISLD..+20%...3/2000
INSP..+48%...3/2000
INKT..+80%...4/2000
MERQ..+35%...3/2000
SNRA..+130%...3/2000
VRSN..0
VRTS..+43%...3/2000

Money for nothing & the chicks for free.

JR
Yes JR you are probably right, haven't done the math on that myself.

But the main thrust of the thread is that Cramer said that he has been advocating selling techs for 3 years as they are obviously overpriced when that is obviously not true, in fact it is a bald faced LIE.

But the main thrust of the thread is that Cramer said that he has been advocating selling techs for 3 years as they are obviously overpriced when that is obviously not true, in fact it is a bald faced LIE.

Yep, these types are all the same say one thing do something else...AKA Rene Rivkin.

Pro-Pumpers.
JR