Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
I'm just home from a weekend in my home town for a class reunion. It was a real hoot. Now, I've said before that I'm a little older than most of you and this was our 45 year reunion - class of 1960! One of our class mates commented that this was the reunion that you didn't have to think about losing weight or buying a new dress and it didn't look like any of us did.

I'm not sure what the population there is now, but we had about 1200 students in the high school and about 225 or so in our class. Most of us had gone through all 12 years of school there with the same classmates, so many of the conversations related back to what went on in elementary school rather than high school.

We got together at the local pizza place on Friday night and had a picnic on Saturday. Lots of catching up with people I only see every five years when I go to one of these. As is often the case, about a third of the people you could instantly recognize, about a third you could recognize if you thought about it and about a third you didn't have a clue who they were.

I can see why I hear stories about people going to their reunion and connecting with an old flame and starting over again. If I'd been available, there were a couple conversations that I think could have led to something. It's good for the ego to see a good looking guy walk into the room, look around and come straight to you to give you a hug and see what you have been up to.

I had two diffent guys tell me they remembered when I was taller than they were. I was always short but stopped at 5'4" and they went on to 6' or more.

It was a great time but I'm glad it's over. It will be interesting to see how much different we are in five years.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
It was a great time but I'm glad it's over.

I think Class Reunions are like a few other functions where it would be nice if we could skip the actual shindig and just have the memories.

We had one ten-year and then because we were ALL a bunch of slackers, nobody ever planned another one!

-nab
I can see why I hear stories about people going to their reunion and connecting with an old flame and starting over again.

I did that at my 30th reunion. Trouble was he was married. But he was there alone so we had a blast dancing and reminiscing. But I had to draw the line there. Sigh. He was still really cute.

Shicali
(glad you had a good time)

I did that at my 30th reunion. Trouble was he was married. But he was there alone so we had a blast dancing and reminiscing.

Yes, I did that at my 30th also. We'd been fond of each other in high school, but never dated. Well, we did go on a picnic together with a group in middle school and he will always be the first boy that ever kissed me. Both of us were there without spouses and we had a great time as far as it went - which wasn't far.

What I found interesting this time is that these guys were all single now - either widowed or divorced - and I was the married one, even though spouse stayed home. I was never one of the popular kids in school so I was surprised to find out that they felt that way about me back then. Of course, we were all awfully shy back then.

Happy you had a Good Time. Class Reunion can be fun.

MA