Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
First post to this board and not a shareholder but I have followed this company with interest for some time: How do the shareholders of this stock feel about Simon and Schuster paying Hillary Clinton an 8 million dollar advance for her book? I understand that the publisher will have to sell 1.5 million books to earn a profit from such an advance. Sounds like a poor business deal to me. She's not going to put anything into that book that will be worth people spending $30 dollars to read.
Print the post Back To Top
. . . Sounds like a poor business deal to me. She's not going to put anything into that book that will be worth people spending $30 dollars to read.

I agree, the book will never sell and she will not write it any way!! I think this a pay off for future considerations by Ms Clinton.

She is too busy house hunting in Georgetown.
I really can't imagine why Simon and Schuster paid Hillary $8 Million. Perhaps they thought she was going to "reveal all" and talk about her true feelings when she found out she had been lied to. Or that she would write up the actual conversations she had with Bill when the affair was made public. But of course she won't; we'll read, as already mentioned, things we've heard about a million times. She is pretty private; in fact, I would imagine this book would be totally boring. I may be in for a surprise: it may be really hot stuff--sex and anger and betrayal and lust and ----nah,it'll just be "filler".
Note: I'm a Hillary fan, even though it doesn't sound like it.
"I really can't imagine why Simon and Schuster paid Hillary $8 Million."

Again, I think it very simple ------ a bribe!
No. of Recommendations: 1
I used to work at S&S. They have published all her other recent books, and their end goal is to publish her memoirs, which they believe will be very interesting and valuable.

Publishers also use these kinds of acquisitions to build credibility, generate news, and woo other big-name authors. So I'm sure they saw the $8 million as an investment. But I agree, it's an outrageous sum, and I'm sure they don't expect to make it back on this book.