Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
If you saw the Faber report at Power Lunch on Cnbc, you saw a guy in Hindery grossly fumbling with his mouth that he caused shares in Aol, Att,as well as the Nasdaq to slide.

First of all, Hindery, the top guy for T's broadband efforts, call Aol a dinosaur. For one thing you don't use dinosaur and Aol the leading internet company with 20 million customers in the same sentence.

Like to ask you this: do you feel owning a Camry or Accord, American's best selling car, be compared to owning a dinosaur. Sure I would like to be driving around a sleeker, faster car like the Corvette but it cost too much, so I don't mind driving in a dinobox if that what Hindery would call it. But I do recognize like there are many Exotic Car enthisiast there are some hyperactive websurfers who can't live without broadband.

But the billion dollar question is what marketing campaign will T and Athm come up with to make this service compelling for the average family to stiff-arm Aol and reach for broadband? I have seen there commercials and there not that seductive to me, just makes me want to turn the television 100x faster.

I'm not trying to bash this stock because it's the biggest thing in my small portfolio but like the Suretrade guy with the bushy sideburns says ' I'm planning to be rich but before I retire.

This morning we have seen Cisco grossly overspend today for tommorows profits, Att must rid themselves of there old crusty management to move as quickly as there service they provide to capture the internet share. Fool on!!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.