Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 12
(Scene: Cave somewhere in the Sinai. Moses sits at a makeshift desk, busy writing. God paces behind him.)

God: I'm worried that someone is going to take the Adam and Eve allegory as literal and create all kinds of misunderstandings.

Moses: C'mon, how naive do you think we humans are?

God: Hey, look at your brother, Aaron. Didn't he just lose his retirement investing in that Baal Golden Calf company?

Moses (angrily): I told that idiot polytheism was a bubble. He never list...(calming down). Okay, but you've already provided a fossil record, carbon-14 dating, and a pretty clear pattern of DNA homologies.

God: I know, I know, but some of that stuff evolving seems almost irreducibly complex.

Moses: Tell you what, I'll add some stuff about magic fruit and a talking serpent, that should prevent any literal interpretation.

God: Well let's not get ridiculous...

Moses: You're the one who's worried.

God: Alright, do what you think best. (Beeper goes off). Gotta go. Those damn bacteria are complaining again about their flagella. Geez, what do they expect, intelligent design?

(Fade to black)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.