Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
HMK2059:
Other than the condition of the condo, what should I ask the realtor? Why it's cheap? My guess is that the interior may be a complete mess, or the condo association has some serious problems

That is a good questions to ask. Other than that, just make sure you do your due diligence.

If the interior is torn up, then you need to look carefully. My favorites in that category are places that have a huge animal odor. You can fix that very quickly and inexpensively (relatively), but it is a major deterrent to the unsophisticated buyer.

Watch out for plumbing problems - that CAN get pricey - especially if the property was originally plumbed in polypropolene.

Also pay a lot of attention to the Condo association - I won't run a condo as a rental since I don't want to deal with condo associations. You lose a lot of control.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.