Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Hmmm...

Decisions, decisions...how should I approach this?

Clearly the name "Draegerman" has been defiled here and demands vindication. I now must decide which course of action (COA) to choose from and do so with the upmost violence of action.

These are my choices:

COA #1 - Write a scathing post that exemplifies the true meaning of the word "Jester". Direct said post at Burley (my ol' Arch-Nemesis®™ since 1903) as well as MichaelRead (my new Arch-Nemesis®™ since 2002) and cause them both such great embarrasment and grief, that they will choose not to post here for at least two years following the shame that I bring them. And once two years has past, their first post will be, "Err...Mr. Draegerman, do you mind if we can come back?" (I'll probably keep them in constant torment until I decide to let them return). I shall endeavor to write this post in such a "jesteresque" fashion that it easily gets the most sought after recs here. It will be written so eloquently...so humorously...so, so passionately that I'm sure to easily topple the century mark on those "who love me" in my profile. Of course, the downside to this is the time it will take along with the lacking of creativity on my part.

-or-

COA #2: I could send secret e-mails in an attempt to pit MichaelRead against Burley. I would write stuff to Michael stating that Burley believes that only sissy-boys prefer salmon fishing and drinking beer. I would tell him that Burley feels that the best way to fish is by going to the supermarket and buy it in cans and that it also goes great with winecoolers too. I would then tell Burley that MR has always felt that it was the US Army that has given Canadians "peace of mind" as it is a common belief that guys like me are a stalwart deterrent against enemy invasions on their soil. I would pretend to "cut and paste" a quote from MR where he privately stated to me, "That if Canada had to solely rely on the US Navy for security, then we Canuckys would be speaking Japanese instead of that God-awful French!" This is certain to get both of them in a pissing contest against one another and deflect any negative attention towards me (since they will both think that I'm on their side). Of course, the downside to this is that I hate sending e-mails and will probably just prefer to make prank phone calls to both of them instead.

-or-

COA #3: I could simply put both of them on ignore for awhile...yell at my beautiful wife to fetch me another beer...give her tushy a little squeeze when she comes by...and watch WrestleMania to see if Hulk Hogan can beat The Rock. Downside? Hell, there is no downside to this one!

Hmmm...decisions, decisions...

The Draegerman - Who's got your Jester Hangin' (wait, that didn't come out right)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.