Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Hmmm. Telegraph says it better. I made the decision to pay extra on my mortgage. I only have a 7% interest rate, but that is a guaranteed 7% in savings if I pay it off early. I am, of course, still putting money into my IRA and 457 plans. If I wanted to put every extra penny into my mortgage I could pay it off extremely early. If I wanted to put every extra penny into my investments I could possible be a millionaire at an early age.

Let's see. It's a given that by paying extra on my mortgage I pay it off early. It's not a given that by investing extra I will have a larger pot at the end of the rainbow.

I'll stick with my extra amount each month on my mortgage plus my monthly investments in the stock market.

Mark :-)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.