Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hmmmm....I wonder if this will cover the increased cost of Medicare to us.

Part "B" Premiums:

It's the old government way - give with one hand and then take back with the other. depends on what you get in the way of a social security benefit and which income category you are in how things work out.

The Senior Citizens League estimates that for 2007 an individual making $80,000, or $160,000 filing jointly, would have to pay an additional $5.00 or 10% for Part "B" Coverage over the 2006 level.

Here are more specifics on how a person will be charged. This comes from The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services:


Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.