No. of Recommendations: 2
Hmmmm...maybe I should start up a company in southern Cal that rents out hot rods? Nahhh..up front cost would be a killer.

I'm pretty sure there is a guy in the greater L.A. area doing that. IIRC he is a restoration nut or as his wife put it addict. Now he buys, restores and rents.

FWIW from the cheap seats do what makes you happy. I whacked my dad with a fishing pole until he realized he would actually enjoy a 21' Hewescraft boat. Big enough, deep enough and tough enough to play in just about any waters as long as you don't argue with weather. He's retired why on earth would he argue with weather for a fish? That boat has been to Alaska twice and has fished the Snake, Clearwater and the Columbia, he can also toss in trips on the Mo and dozens of lakes in Minn and ND.. At one family gathering in Minn all us old and broken cousins spent the weekend reliving our youth waterskiing behind it like we did behind the much smaller boats when we were much smaller.

I have no complaints about the 16' I grew up in, it was the right boat for the time. He loves to fish and he should fish from a more comfortable platform in his wisdom years.

If it would truly bring you real pleasure then yes, it is an Iwanna and we all deserve a few of those just not all of them.

jack
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.