No. of Recommendations: 0
Hockeypop continues to learn --

Apparently the construction of the high speed tracks were delayed by KLM, but now that Air France owns them,

Gasp, I hope that KLM continues to serve the containers of brandy shaped like famous houses in Amsterdam. My MIL, a Wouwenberg, loved that best of anything we brought back.

When they found that sailors could no longer afford charity for penance after visiting the other attractions the city had to offer, they started selling penitence’s in advance”(apparently on a quantity discount basis) so you could accumulate a quantity of “good karma” to be worked off with the money you had left after paying for divine forgiveness in advance.

I always wondered where the Catholic concept of accumulating "indulgences" originated. Looks like the Church and business were busy learning lessons.

Amsterdam reminded me of the "old" New Orleans, but is still tamer than my college-days Tijuana. A more "experienced" female college friend from San Diego took me down there just to see me blush during our walking tour. She kindly took me and the remnants of my blown midwestern mind back north.

A note on Amsterdam cabs: Different companies apparently charge different prices and while the trip from the Central Station to the hotel cost 10 Euros, later in the day, the same trip cost 15 Euros – live and learn.

We took the train from the airport (very convenient) and they announced in four languages that there were presently pickpockets on the train and to guard our valuables.

Hurry home. I've heard that Brooklyn is in mourning.

HP
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.