Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I finally got 10.1 installed.

I love the product, but I hate the awkward process I went through to get it:

Call 5 different Apple resellers. Ask if they are giving out upgrade CDs. I had the following response today (Thursday 4th Oct):

3 resellers are still waiting on stock to arrive! (Apple well and truly missed the September deadline here)

1 reseller said they had stock, but they would only give me a copy if I had purchased my machine at their store. Seeing as I purchased it from Apple, that's a bit difficult.

Finally! One reseller said they had stock, and they would give it to me if I showed my receipt from Apple .

Like I said before, what's most annoying is communication. it seems every store made up their own policy as to who would get the upgrade. I would have preferred it if Apple had given firm guidelines to the stores on what the policy was. It looks terrible when resellers make up their own policies and stiff people. Can the stores really prohibit people from getting the upgrade if they did not buy the machine from that shop?

What if the store you bought from has closed down? (as have many local resellers in the last 12 months)

All that frustration aside, 10.1 is awesome. I love the fact that the clock is back in the menu bar.

I love the Wacom drivers. the scrolly wheel on my Wacom 4D mouse works better in 10.1 than it does in 9.2!

Just one thing: The 10.1 manual lists iDVD 2 as one of the applications. However, I have searched my disks, and the only version there is iDVD 1 for Classic.

Is iDVD 2 included with 10.1? Why can't I find it? I can't wait to try it.

DVid
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.