Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Obviously things have been expensive/crazy over the last year.

I've been looking at things in AZ (where I'm currently at) and you see some interesting pricings.

You see the homes that have dropped in asking price. Maybe they start off high in hopes of catching a desperate buyer and then see where someone will finally bite. Most likely people who don't have to sell but would at a good price.

I saw one house that was listed 3 weeks ago at one price but now raised the price substantially. I have no idea what is going on there. Unless some flipper has bought it and is already trying to make a quick buck and the system hasn't caught up to the sale (I'm not on MLS).

I've pondered waiting for things to calm down or buy something and rent it out since the likely return on the rental would exceed anything I would get from keeping the cash in the bank. And then clean/fix it up and use it for our retirement home. I'd imagine I could get enough return to cover my living expenses back east. I have a property manager I've used before (for 8 years) so that wouldn't be an issue.

Interesting times.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.