Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I use a 1:1 ratio of Cisco and paraffin wax. Beeswax would be better but I didn't have any
I melt the wax down and then pour into a small dish and store in the freezer. Once a month I heat my pan and do a stovetop seasoning. So far so good
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Wow - that sounds like a lot of work lol
I just take some Crisco or Spry and wipe the pan with paper towel, set it on gas stove with low flame for awhile. Turn off the flame and leet sit on warm burner til cool.
Thanks for posting idea
No. of Recommendations: 4
Bob (NoIDAtAll) used to swear by flaxseed oil.

AC *still owns one of Bob's seasoned pans*
No. of Recommendations: 2
Wow - that sounds like a lot of work lol
I just take some Crisco or Spry and wipe the pan with paper towel, set it on gas stove with low flame for awhile. Turn off the flame and let sit on warm burner til cool.
Thanks for posting idea

Only as hard as melting wax and Crisco in a warm CI pan. I make a puck and keep it in a ziplock on the freezer door. This mix works well for people that store CI pans at their vacation homes and RVs. The coating won't go rancid. I use pork lard that I keep in a container by the stove for my everyday pan fat.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Seems like a lot of trouble, I just use whatever I have on hand (Pam, olive oil, or corn oil0 and it seems to work. Anyway it cleans up nice and cornbread doesn't stick.