Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Does your state offer this -- or something like it?

In Vermont, most people who own property and earn $105,000 or less are eligible to file what is called a "Homesteader Exemption". This can be done on line or in paper form, but it must be completed before April 15, as is usual for other tax returns.

Benefits? If accomplished, the state sends your town a rebate on your behalf for a sizable percentage of your property tax!

I've finished filing mine here, and have received acknowledgement from the state for doing so. (I printed that out to keep with my tax info.)

If you have not done so yet, check into this. It may save you a chunk of cash!

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.