Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
OK, a local (Northern CA) hardware chain, Friedman's, had a 15% off everything weekend, so I jumped in, bought the EU2200i Honda generator. At $850+tx, I couldn't pass it up...

Almost bought the EU2800i, but in the end, even though it was the same price, it's heavier, louder, so I rolled back into the area and swapped it for the EU2200i as I had initially planned.

Haven't fired it up yet, bought 10-30 oil, a nice little funnel to help with the oil, and a bottle of fuel stabilizer to deal with the ethanol in our gas today..

Progress...

OK, new thread, new generator..

I messed up filling the oil reservoir, blanked out thinking the Quart was 16 Oz, needed 14 oz, actually 32, so, overfilled, had to make a mess draining out the overage..

Gas can I bought a bit of a pain, but new, safer for transport than the old ones I had.

Once fueled, choked, and a few pulls it fired right up.. Had to buy a 15A to 30A adapter, but once connected, first test was to pop a glass of water in the micro, and, Tah Dah, it worked just fine.. In Eco mode, the genes ramped right up, took the load fine..

Shutdown is good, turn the fuel off, let it run down, then Off...

So for now I kept it in the back seat/floor of my Supercab F150 for a weekend trip, ended up not using it, but it was there if needed.. County Park rules have tightened, only time for Generators is 8 AM to 8 PM, plan is to bring power in, avoid the need, so no problem...

Ordered a generic cover, also a 12v battery clip cable for it..

Looking at a LoPro bumper mounting kit, but sold out at Amazon, need to call the maker, see if they have them available.. $199, but amazon would be free shipping.. No rush..

So for now it's tucked into a storage shed, awaiting the next trip...

weco
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.