No. of Recommendations: 3
From the "I think thou dost protest too much" dept;

Sean Spicer's favorite word seems to be "clear" or "clearly". As in, he has made it clear, he answered clearly, the President has made it clear, he was (emphatically) very clear, and so on. All this clarity seems to generate even more questions, needed in order to clarify the clarity that Sean wants everyone to believe he has made clear. I hope we are all clear on this.

---

From Press Briefing #48;

"I think I’ve made it very clear what our policy is and continues to be."

"...he made it very clear..."

Sometimes it gets used twice in the same sentence;

"...and it’s been made very clear that...briefed on this have been very clear..."

"I think I made it clear last week that the President has nothing further on that."

"I said -- I was very clear that the President would have nothing further on that last week."

Sometimes the answer is just more clarity about how he has been clear;

"Alexis, I made it clear what the President's position is on that issue."

This time someone else used it;

"Sean, people clearly still have concerns..."

"I think the President's position has been very clear..."

"The FBI director and others have made it very clear..."

"He'll have an opportunity to make his position very clear..."

"I think he's been very clear."

"So his plan has been pretty clear from the beginning..."

"The President has made it clear what his position is."

Not clear in this case;

"That's not my question, so why won't you explain it?"

"As I've said, Hallie, the President has made it clear what his position is..."

"it was made clear that if anyone else had proposed this..."

"...the measures that he took in that executive order are fully lawful and fully compliant, and make it clear that they..."

"the President has made it very clear..."

"Well, the President has always been clear..."

"...the President has made clear over and over again..."

So much clarity, and so many questions.

Sometimes the reporters aren't clear on whats been made clear;

"How has the President made it clear what his position is on the --"

But Sean can clear things up;

"...just to clear something up -- I think that there was clearly bipartisan support..."

"And I think that we’ve got to be very clear as to the reason..."
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
He does make it very clear

The issue is the press keeps asking the same dumb loaded questions over and over and over and over again, so you have to keep throwing back in their face "I've made this clear the last 200 times you asked this question".
No. of Recommendations: 0
He does make it very clear

Too funny. That's the point. He doesn't. Read the transcripts. Typically when he says "I've been clear" that means "I don't want to answer that question".
No. of Recommendations: 2
Nigel,

Come on now, Spicer answers the same questions over and over and over again. It's clearly the media isn't there to report, they are there to push a narrative. If they were there to report they would log his answers and move on to other questions, not ask the same question over and over again.

Enough with the partisan spin on this, be honest.
< He does make it very clear

The issue is the press keeps asking the same dumb loaded questions over and over and over and over again, so you have to keep throwing back in their face "I've made this clear the last 200 times you asked this question".

Then you should be able to clearly state what Trump's position was when Spicer said that it was clear what the president meant when asked about revealing classified information to the Russians.
Nigel,

Come on now, Spicer answers the same questions over and over and over again. It's clearly the media isn't there to report, they are there to push a narrative. If they were there to report they would log his answers and move on to other questions, not ask the same question over and over again.

Enough with the partisan spin on this, be honest.

In some cases, the reporters do ask the same question, worded differently, because the answer given was vague or incomplete. That is what reporters do. If you are honest, you will see it. Read the transcripts.

In many cases, Spicer doesn't answer the question that was asked. When the reporter asks it again, he says "I've been clear". That isn't an answer the second time around, when the first answer wasn't an answer. Read the transcripts.
Use of the word "clear" generally means that the proposition is essentially unclear.

If it were clear, it would not need any further explanation.

Wessex
Then you should be able to clearly state what Trump's position was when Spicer said that it was clear what the president meant when asked about revealing classified information to the Russians.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump's position is America put him in the White House to do the things he campaigned on. The law says the President of the United States can tell anybody, anything he wants to tell them without prior permission from the far left.:)
No. of Recommendations: 5
Trump's position is America put him in the White House to do the things he campaigned on.

Which of his campaign promises was to tell the Russians info from Israeli intelligence sources?

While you are at it, here are 282 promises made by TTT. Many are broken or are lies. Which are you claiming? You voted for a liar or a Promise-Breaker? Yes, there will be more....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/i-will-give-you-ever...
No. of Recommendations: 6
Trump's position is America put him in the White House to do the things he campaigned on. The law says the President of the United States can tell anybody, anything he wants to tell them without prior permission from the far left.:)

Trump has never had the support of a majority of Americans. Yes, he has the power to do many things without asking anyone for permission, and he has. He will also experience the consequences of doing so - and that is happening now.

Trump is a dangerous idiot.
"Trump is a dangerous idiot."

No, those would be liberals who want a new norm of 1.5% GDP with progressive/liberal agendas. Trump if allowed to lead would get us into 4+% GDP, why in the hell would anyone be against that!!!! That's being an idiot!
"Trump is a dangerous idiot."

No, those would be liberals who want a new norm of 1.5% GDP with progressive/liberal agendas.  

That isn't what any liberal wants.

Trump if allowed to lead would get us into 4+% GDP, why in the hell would anyone be against that!!!!

What in the world makes you think he can do that? Because he said so?

That's being an idiot!

Yep. Believing Trump would meet that criteria.