No. of Recommendations: 1
Hopefully not. Although I'd wager at a minimum, the flight times will change.

All airlines book flights before they have landing rights for the flight.

Most of the flights we have booked to Miami have had flight times/flight changes. Delta flight changes were significant enough that we turned down the modification and they booked us on a different flight. The arrival time changed from around 10 pm to 1 am. American changed all three segments of our round trip. Changed the seats we had on all of the flights. The departure time was changed to close to when RCCL would allow us to use their shuttle. It left us longer at the layover, but it would either have been at that airport or in Miami.

On a different trip, which was probably American, they tried to change our flight and separate us. Not completely their fault. My husband was using a credit from a changed flight. He was injured and cancelled a trip. I was booked separately and hadn't thought about trying to tie the two reservations. If we had been seated together, the new flights would have been okay.

Alaska from Orlando has their own quirks. The counter closes after the morning flights and reopens hours later for the late afternoon flights. You can't check luggage. The website tells you the hours they are open but there is no information at the counter.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.