Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
So, my 20-something nephew posted his 2015 goals on Facebook: get a better job, get at least an AA degree, work out, eat better, find a better doctor to help with his bipolar...

He has a lot of issues that are above my pay grade, but I figured I could show support in a small way, and offered him a month's worth of www.blueapron.com or www.hellofresh.com
Seemed appropriate, since he likes to cook but doesn't like to shop.

A few days passed, and he sent an email thanking me and saying he'd think about it. OK. But since then, nothing.

I'm annoyed because: Dude, free food! He's being stupid to thumb his nose at that. I know he's got mental health problems, so I should cut him some slack, which I do, but I'm still annoyed.

YG
just venting
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Possibly he is thinking, do I really want to eat at home that much? Or, will the delivery work out? Who knows.

It reminds me of the time my kid brother was looking for a new job and I got him a white shirt. He wrote me a very nice letter telling me that he and his girlfriend had been to Mexico and he liked wearing the shirt when he went to the beach. (He turned out OK. He's probably more responsible than I am.)
Possibly he is thinking, do I really want to eat at home that much? Or, will the delivery work out?

Or, do I want to be beholden to Aunt YG,...

Who knows.

Yep.
No. of Recommendations: 1
You are such a good aunt, looking out for your nephew. I took a look at the websites, and I was really impressed. Your idea was great - when my depression gets out of control, I become almost completely phased out, and the idea of having to plan, shop and cook becomes totally overwhelming. I've bookmarked BlueApron, I might try one week to see if it's something my husband would like.

I don't normally brag, but my husband is a saint! A couple of weeks ago when I totally lost my motivation and was barely able to function, my dear husband stepped right and started cooking, because he knew if he didn't put food in front of me I would not eat.

Peg
I've bookmarked BlueApron, I might try one week to see if it's something my husband would like.

Hey- if you're interested in Blue Apron, you can email me through the boards, I can give a free week(6 meals- 2 meals for 3 days)

peace & Blue Apron
t

we use it 2 out of every 5 weeks (on average)