Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
How about putting together some of the undisputed necessities that every RV`er takes, or has at some time forgotten to take.

I never remember the pan. I have two stories about this.

This first is about a date. We headed out of town for an early morning hike and breakfast over a campfire at a picnic site. We packed the charcol, matches, eggs, milk but no pan... which we discovered after the charcol was lit and the eggs stirred up. We found a roll of aluminum foil in the picnic box and made foil cups... one for each person. (Doubled the foil over then wrapped in in a cup shape.) Filled each with egg, then put on the grill. We pulled them off when the egg in the center on the top was done. Turned out fine!

Second story: Very similar situation. I took some kids from the youth group out to hike and barbeque. Packed charcol, matches, soda, burgers, buns. Got to the park and the charcol pit had no grill on it! We could fry the burgers, but no pan! Found a metal gold panning pan in the trunk, set it on the fire and fried the burgers there! (Thank goodness for adventurous kids!)

- KK
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.