Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
How about y'all?

It's good to hear from you, Imp, and from everyone on this thread. As Cosmo said:-

It is amazing to me how long we have been a community here! The children are getting so big, and becoming adults. And people have retired, married, divorced and married again. I am sad to see the boards so quiet. FB isn't quite the same, and I know I am not friends with all of you over there, and not all of you are on FB.

Ditto, Cosmo. Incidentally - to everyone - if I am friends with you over on Facebook, please PM me your Fool name. With a few exceptions, I've forgotten who is who/not made the complete connection (I just know you're a Fool).

As for me, I'm still working for the Swedes. While I really like some of the team, I'm not sure I want a permanent job here. It's incredibly disorganised at a corporate level. Makes J****** look like paragons. Seriously, it's not just that we don't have a global, integrated finance system; we don't even have the same chart of accounts or systems as the people on the other side of the corridor.

If you know anyone who needs a project accountant, look me up. My boss resigned yesterday; he's had enough.

DH is good. Still working at the contract cleaning company, but now he's IT trainer for them. I can barely believe we've been together 18 years now, married for 13.

The house is a mess. Afer last summer's broken foot, the garden needs napalm to control the weeds - they just took over while I had my foot up. I own more yarn and books than are good for me. Not enough time to read the 800+ kindle books in my collection, let alone the hundreds of dead-tree ones I have around the house. Oh and I still want a dog.

- Pam
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.