Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi,

I hope this does not come off as in any way derogatory - I'm happy with my subscription. I've learned a lot and had some fun, despite the fact that I'm currently 'down' on the trades I've made.

But part of the investment here is the money I shelled out for the MFO subscription, and I will need to evaluate the worth of that when it comes time to re-up.

How does MFO calculate their wins and losses? The record is impressive, but I want to understand how they came by it.

My question is precipitated by my investment in the recommended Coach (COH) diagonal. The short leg of that diagonal expired last month, and MFO issued a recommendation to sell a new short call. I acted almost immediately on the recommendation, but despite that, the price got away before I could make my trade. The stock has gone down quite a bit since that recommendation, and there is little likelihood that this recommended short call will come back into range before its expiration. So I'm not going to make that particular premium when this position comes to an end, and I add up my net profit/loss on it.

I'm fine with that. I understand that the market moves and that you can't always make the trade that is recommended. But when this diagonal eventually comes to expiration, will MFO count the income from this particular premium, even though most of us could not make that trade?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.