No. of Recommendations: 1
How big is your bathroom? I ask this because in my humble opinion, in a small space (bathroom counters vs. kitchen counters) it is worth it to go with what you want...even if the price difference per square foot is significant, since you have a small number of square feet, the total price may not be as big a deal as you think.

We're doing some tile in the bathroom. After I had settled on 4" square white tiles - @ about $.25 each or about 2.25 per square foot I found an absolutely beautiful tile that I loved for $4 a square foot. I'm somthing of a cheapskate, and it was hard for me to justify spending twice as much per square foot. But I use that bathroom daily, and I felt that the extra $100 was worth it to have tile I loved, vs. tile that was acceptable. Your mileage may vary, but I would cost it out completely before ruling out what you want. My bathroom will get Corian counters, which i can't afford in the kitchen, but I can in the smaller bath.
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.