Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
A friend of mine went car shopping the other week. She found a lot with cars absolutely crammed onto it, so it would have been exceedingly difficult to get one out for a test drive without moving about 10 others.

She actually stopped there because she saw one she liked and wanted to test drive it. So the salesman presented her with a contract, to be signed BEFORE she took the car for a drive, and told her they would just tear it up if she decided she didn't want the car after driving it.

After she determined that yes, he actually was serious, she walked away. But I wonder how many cars this place has actually sold (I've driven past it, and it's been there for several years), whether this is a new thing they are trying, or whether they just figured because she was cute, single and blonde they'd try it on.

Primm
*amazed*
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.