Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I've been running around a little bit more than previously. I went to a restaurant on Thursday night to pick up food. When I got in the parking lot there were a lot of people wandering about with no masks. Granted it's outside so that might be OK. When I got up to the door, a guy (no mask) coming out held the door open for me. I went up to the counter and there was another customer (mask) waiting for their order. The staff were all wearing masks, but a lot of the customers (those not sitting down and eating) were not wearing masks. They were wandering around, some heading for the restroom, or talking to people at other tables. Maybe I'm paranoid but I don't trust that people are vaccinated. There's been too much resistance from about a third of the population against the vaccine and mask wearing.

When I went to Costco and Safeway (ironic name considering) last week it was about 50/50. The stores have signs asking people to wear masks but they're not confronting the people about it.

I guess the truth is with how crazy people have been acting, I don't feel I can trust anyone. It's feeding my aversion to people in general.

AC *think it's going to be a while before I'm comfortable sitting down inside a restaurant*
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
AC *think it's going to be a while before I'm comfortable sitting down inside a restaurant*

~~~

Rightfully so. Mrs PL and I are in the same boat. We always mask up going into business structures and rarely eat in any more. Often it's to-go and we eat in the car.

Got another tip for ya... have 2 round plastic serving trays we got @ Wally, ~14x8, just big enuf to put in your lap. No more dropping food on yourself or the seat. Also, they store well, between the console and drivers seat. I'll get ya a PIC, if needed.

ww.avoidsmasklesspeople.pl/eatsout.inthecar/
Often it's to-go and we eat in the car.

Last year I took my annual trip to the OBX (a little later than usual). The only meal I ate inside was breakfast. Sausage gravy and biscuits aren't really something you can take to go. It has to served and eaten quickly - fresh and hot. Everything else was ordered ahead for pick up.

AC *always took it back to the house*
Well, sometimes heading home to eat is not an option. We have ways to make the meal more enjoyable, when on the road.

Example: Mrs PL and I do all our shopping (usually) on Sat. This is often "an event" and we can be gone more than 3-4 hrs. A meal is almost always included. The trays have saved many messes.

In 2020, when restaurants were open, but unable to seat, we would usually call enroute (menus online), place the order and it would be ready when we got there. Pay and pick up... eat in the car. With this, timing can sometimes be crucial for a warm meal that's palatable.